July 12, 2020
Chicken Parm Lasagna
Ingredients (for 10 servings)
- 3 chicken breasts
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 5 eggs, divided
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs (230 g)
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 24 oz marinara sauce (680 g)
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 ½ cups shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil, to garnish
- Cut chicken breasts in half (pound thin if necessary) and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the flour, 4 eggs, and bread crumbs to 3 separate shallow dishes. Beat the eggs. Coat the chicken in the flour, then the eggs, and finally in the bread crumbs.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Fry the chicken on both sides until golden brown, about 4 minutes on each side. Let drain on paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese and the remaining egg.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spread about ⅓ of the marinara sauce over the bottom of a casserole dish. Top with 4 lasagna noodles, ½ of the ricotta mixture, and 3 chicken cutlets. Sprinkle with ½ cup of mozzarella and ½ cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat to make another layer, then finish with the remaining sauce and mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes, uncovering the lasagna for the last 10 minutes of baking.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh basil.